By the end of Bootcamp, participants will have:
- conducted a critical review of the learning design of a course of their choice
- considered underlying strategies for assessing learning and made improvements where possible
- explored pedagogically sound alternatives for lecturing live online
- reflected on ways course design can be more or less inclusive of diverse student needs
- considered the role of technology and how it is used in a course
- hopefully, had some fun!
Bootcamp is organized around 4 main themes and work (1 theme per week):
Theme 1: Scan (your course, fearlessly, through a few key lenses) and Plan (your Bootcamp work)
Theme 2: Lectures (& alternatives)
Theme 3: Assessments – assignments, exams, etc.
Theme 4: Online Presence & Engagement
Feeling stuck? Want some feedback from others? There will be a drop-in hour scheduled for Wednesdays at 10 a.m. PT. Members from our Learning and Teaching team will welcome you in a Zoom room to answer any questions you may have about your course design. You could also ask questions and join the Bootcamp Discussion in Mattermost.
Let’s prepare ourselves for a fabulous and fun facilitation experience this fall!
Head to the Themes Page and start with Theme 1: Scan & Plan to begin!
Note: there is no registration required to participate in this series and there is no cost.